Friday 19 December 2014

Cash Parking Surprises

A couple years back when cash parking revenues virtually became non-existent, I forwarded all of my domains to my main website located at DoughDomains.com

Making that decision made it difficult to run analytics so as of June 1st, I returned the bulk of my portfolio back to a cash parking setting.

Since then, one domain name in particular has led the way in revenue and impressions. Below are the stats from June 1 through December 17 of LoveHD.com. From time to time the daily revenue will exceed the annual registration fee. Currently it's on pace to earn about $350 in a year. If only all of my domain names had a 400% rate of return...


Now why does LoveHD.com receive so many impressions and revenue generating clicks?

Well, if you reposition the letters HD and move them to the front of Love, you will end up on an adult website featuring HD videos. (Take my word for it, or be sure to delete your browsing history...)

So, have +13,500 people been trying to access an adult website and incorrectly typing in my domain name? If that's the case, then 3.5% are selecting the related link to HDLove(.com).

When I registered the name in 2009, I figured it would be a good one to tie into the growing market of HD technology at the time. It sure looks like a lot of people are into loving HD adult content!

RJ

DoughDomains.com
Sales@DoughDomains.com
780-455-1710


No comments:

Post a Comment